University of Washington, United States
Medical Lake, WASHINGTON
The Eghtesady Research Laboratory is dedicated to both basic and clinical research aimed at investigating the underlying causes of congenital heart diseases (CHD). Their studies involve analyzing specimens from women with pregnancies affected by CHD and studying offspring in animal models exposed to infections during early gestation, all in an effort to test our hypotheses. The work conducted in their lab entails performing intricate research and experiments crucial for advancing scientific analysis and discovery within their group, with a particular emphasis on utilizing phage immunoprecipitation-coupled sequencing technology.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
- Experience in basic molecular biology skills such as PCR, cloning, nucleic acid purification, PCR, protein quantification assays (e.g., BCA), and ELISA are highly desired.
- Experience with blood cell separation immunostaining, bacteriophage culture/expansion, immunoprecipitation, and phage-display experiments would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Exhibit self-starter quality with critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Prior experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics and/or cell biology with at least a bachelor’s degree. Those with additional education and experience are encouraged to apply.
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use the online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
- Up to 22 days of vacation, 10 recognized holidays, and sick time.
- Competitive health insurance packages with priority appointments and lower copays/coinsurance.
- Want to Live Near Your Work and/or improve your commute? Take advantage of our free Metro transit U-Pass for eligible employees. We also offer a forgivable home loan of up to $12,500 for closing costs and a down payment for homes in eligible neighborhoods.
- WashU provides eligible employees with a defined contribution (403(b)) Retirement Savings Plan, which combines employee contributions and university contributions starting at 7%.
- Wellness challenges, annual health screenings, mental health resources, mindfulness programs and courses, employee assistance program (EAP), financial resources, access to dietitians, and more!
- They offer 4 weeks of caregiver leave to bond with your new child. Family care resources are also available for your continued childcare needs. Need adult care? they got you covered.
- WashU covers the cost of tuition for you and your family, including dependent undergraduate-level college tuition up to 100% at WashU and 40% elsewhere after seven years with us.
For policies, detailed benefits, and eligibility, please visit: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
see realted content here